Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Opinion=Opression: Risking Death to Make a Movie

On a regular basis, I do something that most people in the free world do -- I ask my friends their opinion on something: politics, religion, sports, a concert...and I take for granted the fact that this is OK.

I don't expect my government to come charging down on me because I ask my friends about the Olympics.

On other days, I may interview people, and post these on YouTube: I've done this countless times as I talk with young people about social change and activism.

As I flip through Facebook, there are tons of companies that want to solicit my opinion, on virtually EVERYTHING, in the name of marketing data.

But what if asking people their opinion was considered "subversion of state power" -- and you were denied an attorney, and sentenced to six years in a labor camp?

Sorry, I guess Blogger didn't want to resize or format the video correctly. Click the video to view full frame on Youtube.



http://www.huffingtonpost.com/heidiminx/opinionopression-risking_b_641936.html?ref=fb&src=sp#sb=832520,b=facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment