Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2011

A Brief History of Korean Buddhism


From Japan: Life and Religion

This is another reference post. Recently, I was curious about Korean Buddhism, and read this article, which provided a nice, concise overview. But I noticed that this, and other sources on Korean Buddhism were somewhat light on details, or only focus on certain periods of time or people.

So, because I like to do reference posts sometimes, I decided to do one on Korean Buddhist history. Especially since Korean Buddhism is becoming more popular in the West. My information comes from a book titled Korea Old and New: A History, which I’ve read here and there, plus additional information from Wikipedia and this article.

Just as I am fascinated with Buddhist history in Japan and Okinawa, I have been curious lately about Korean Buddhist history too. This is just a brief history, and I hope to post more later....


Continue reading here.

No comments:

Post a Comment