Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

PBS Frontline - Facing Death



What is a good death? Increasingly sophisticated gadgets and therapies can keep people alive for weeks and months, even when their underlying illness is beyond repair. I wonder: will I be capable of saying, “I want to die, let me go”? or will I cling to the hope that an experimental procedure or drug trial will come to my rescue? And who will decide if I’m unable to do so for myself: my friends, my proxy, my brother, technology? And what of quality of life: when does prolonging life turn into prolonged suffering for myself and those at my bedside?

Frontline's premiering a new episode focused on facing end of life and dying, to be broadcast on PBS on Tuesday, November 23.
The full episode is available now for online viewing along with additional supplemental material and links.

No comments:

Post a Comment