Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Are Any Christians Running for President?


While not explicitly Buddhist, this is applicable to ALL religions, including Buddhism. Simply calling one's self 'Christian' or 'Buddhist' doesn't necessarily make it true. Real religious/spiritual values and virtues are manifested in one's actions and behavior.

From Huffington Post:


I hate to belabor the obvious, but in this time of crazy politics it might serve some purpose.
Are any of the Republican candidates -- for president -- Christian?

I know that all of them except Ron Paul have repeatedly said that they are. But is saying that one is Christian all it takes to be one?

By analogy, I can say (for example) that I am brave, that I believe in marital fidelity, or that I love animals. The test of whether or not those statements are true, however, is not just that I say them over and over. To see whether or not they reflect my personal reality, we would have to look at my behavior.....


Continue reading at Huffington Post.

No comments:

Post a Comment