Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

Don't Forget to Breathe (Thank you, Thich Nhat Hanh)


Blog by fellow IBS USA seminary student Lawrence Grecco;

My default position is feeling overextended and like I just don’t have enough time. It’s a state that I easily gravitate to despite many years of practicing and supposedly “knowing better.”

Many people operate this way, and I’m really good at pointing it out in others when I see it happening. But until very recently I hadn’t been fully able to acknowledge this tendency within myself.

Secretly I had this idea that slowing down, pausing, and leaving some gaps open instead of filling every minute of the day with some kind of activity is for those other practitioners, not this one. I’m the exception; I’m just too busy after all. Seminary studies and practice, work, socializing, television. Blame it on the rain, or even the dharma for that matter. Gaps are for saps....

Continue reading the article at his blog, Open Sky Zen here.

No comments:

Post a Comment